Monday, July 7, 2014

The Dorchester LGBT Group has a Date with The Welcoming Committee

On the morning of June 30th, I just realized the Welcoming Committee was coming to Dorchester Masssachusetts.  I was already familiar with this organization and its objective of venturing into spaces that are not typically LGBT destination.   On July 1st 6:30PM, they were going to Tavolo's.

I was excited and moved as quickly as I could to notify members of the Dorchester LGBT group; however, it was too late. I went, but I went alone

It felt different.  It was the first time in months I had been to an event where I didn't know 1 person there.  I arrived early and sat at the bar watching the socker game on t.v. along with the bar tender and everyone else there on what started out to be a slow night.  Then very slowly at first, organizers of the Welcoming Committee started to arrive. Then guest after guest poured in.  It was a very young crown. 20s 30s.

I definitely had fun and stayed busy to the point where I didn't stop to take one photo. There must have been 50 or 60 people there that night walking around in our reserved space, foot steps from the bar. When I left the group had not started to shrink.  Some guests had already left, but they were replaced with new faces I did not see walk in.

I will be keeping a closer eye on the Welcoming Committee and will definitely try to plan a 2nd date.

No comments:

Post a Comment