Thursday, August 7, 2014

Paint Castle Island - A Dorchester Social and LGBT Group Event







Paint Castle Island was one the best events of the year. It was hosted at Castle Island in South Boston MA. The idea for the event was to get a few individuals interested in painting or in just meeting new people while enjoying the atmosphere.  Arrivals could have the option of painting on paper or collaborating on a larger canvas.  I invited the Dorchester Social group, the Dorchester LGBT group and the LGBT Family Fun group.








 

This was a somewhat hard event to organize and I was definitely worried about the cost.  Only days before did I finally purchase enough paints for about 20 from the art supply store Blick.  More than 100$ for a bucket of white and what looked like about a half gallon each of black, blue, red and yellow. The canvas, which was just 4 X 8 Ft plywood only cost about 13$. The only issue with that was fitting in my van without braking it.
 


 Unfortunately only 3 others arrived for the event.  Marc, my mom and Christine.  Fortunately, we all love painting and good conversation so it made for a great time.  One things I could have done better.

1. Was too busy doing to many other things and forgot to leave my contact information for the Dorchester Social Group.  No one could call me to cancel or to tell me they weren't sure where we were.  Also my phone died and my car battery died.  I had a few people mention not being able to make it days after.  However Christine and another member waited for sometime before finding me. 



Marc took some beautiful images with is phone that evening.  You have to join the group to see the rest. The image above is one of my favorites.





No comments:

Post a Comment